Description & Features
The Long Milling Arbors ( LM Arbors ) are available with various tapers such as ISO, BT and Morse Taper, to suit a variety of machine Spindles, also length of the LM Arbors ranging from 100 to 180 mm covers almost all available milling machines.
The Long Milling Arbors are sturdy in construction and can withstand wear and tear, and heavy loads on cutters. The Long Milling Arbors are made of forged Manganese Chromium Alloy ( 20 Mn Cr 5) Steel hardened to 58-62 HRC.
The Long Milling Arbors are meant for use on horizontal Milling Machines and universal Milling Machines to mount Milling Cutters.
The Long Milling Arbors are mounted on machine Spindles, supported brackets. The bearing bushes provided on the Long Milling ARBORS fit into the brackets. The spacers provided on the Long Milling Arbors are for mounting cutters at required positions. The draw bar arrangement in the Spindle allows the Long Milling Arbor to fit firmly.
- LMA - ISO 40 X 27 X 500 Types D / IS / S with RH Threads.
- LMA - ISO 40 X 27 X 500 Types D / IS / S with LH Threads.
Scope of Supply
A full set of Smitra Long Milling Arbor comprises bearing bushes, spacers, nut and keys, supplied as per IS specifications.
The Long Milling Arbors are available with ISO 30,40 and 50 tapers. Also special Tapers - BT and Morse Tapers are available. The length of the LM Arbors to suit machine specifications (for maximum permissible job ) can be set with brackets. Unless specified otherwise, the LM Arbors have RH threads at the end for tightening. For specific requirements LH threads can be provided.
The LM Arbors ensure 0.015mm to 0.030mm concentricity, as per IS specifications.
Selection & Ordering
To select LM Arbors consider the following points :
- The Taper of the Long Milling Arbor - ISO 30, ISO 40, ISO 50, BT of Morse Taper to be decided based on the machine spindle specifications.
- The length of the Long Milling Arbor - 100mm to 800mm to be decided as per the permissible length that can be obtained at the milling Milling machine Brackets is as advisable to use short length LM Arbors for better performance.
- The end- tightening threading to be specified RH or LH threads depending on Clockwise / RH or anti Clockwise / LH rotation of the machine spindle. For Clockwise / RH rotation, LH threads will avoid loosening of the LM Arbor ; similarly RH threads for anticlockwise / LH rotation.
To order the right size of Smitra Long Milling Arbor specify the Taper, Length, threading required and type as per IS specifications.